9 March 2008

I'm back in the land of bloging!

I am so sorry for the lack of blogs. After North East Open Studios I was so busy with the gallery, exhibitions, classes and commissions that I didn't have the brain space to sit down and blog!

It took until Christmas had passed that I was finally able to concentrate solely on the "big" commission ~ which I have literally just finished. Friday the 7th of March was a good day! I opened up the kiln to find all the finished tile unbroken. I have spent the last 3 months firing these tiles living with my heart in my throat ~ I finished the job with only 12 spare tiles left. Its a peculiar thing finishing a job that has been part of your life for so long. I thought I would be so excited ... I think relief and contentment is one way of looking at it. Of course my client is still to see the finished piece, so I still have a small reservation of fear! But I am quietly confident.

Its funny to think I started my blog about this time last year feeling frustrated and uninspired for creating any ceramic art work. Well this year is SO completely different. WOW I'm really excited! Lots of exhibitions and shows to tell you about.

I think now I have finally finished the commission I can now allow myself to explore and develop all the ideas I have been squirreling away.. and yes that's a good clue to where my work is taking me. But I'm leaving that for another day ~ I just wanted to say hello to you, I'm back, so keep checking my blog and I'll try to keep this more frequent and regular.

1 comment:

lepeep said...

fit like quine!
I have a collection of bloggs myself...but never have the time to keep them up to date...

anyway! keep up the good work, and mention the NEOS deadline, I did a search in google for "north east open studios" and you come in the top 10...