14 September 2007

One more day to go!

Today has gone really rather well, this is somehow strange ... I can't help thinking "what have I forgotten?"

I hung all the work today. I even ran out of picture hooks at one point... so some pieces are hung with humongous nails ... I started at 9am(ish) and kept going until 3:31pm! At which point I realised I hadn't gone to collect my daughter plus her 2 friends from school nursery, and so, ran down the hill, jumped (almost flew) the wall into the school playgroup (this activity is not allowed, it is a bad example to set the children ~ I once got caught .. BIG OOPS!), but, nobody was watching today! All OK and in the end because of my flying short cut I arrived before most of the other Mums! Anyhow, once I got back I spent the rest of the afternoon arranging the ceramics and wood work. I have to say I'm really pleased, the gallery looks AMAZING and it is a fabulous show this year!!! OH it just GREAT!!! I have sadly got a lot of tidying to do tomorrow!

So, tomorrow morning I hope the two jewelery people are dropping work off, I will arrange what they give me. Try to quickly finish off all the pricing and labling (ugh) I hate this part. Then I'll finish tiding up, do the last minute fiddles and wash the shop floor... then hopefully hop into the bath myself, relax (?), by which point it will then be time to pick up the girls... we will have (I hope) a lovely afternoon together and not step foot into the studio, quick and early supper, get changed and put on the old face ... take down the window screens ... and then ... its the BIG opening.... Wish me Luck!

So no pictures today ... I would like to show you my progress, but then it will spoil my first nights opening ... you'll see them on Saturday.

Funny to think the preview will be over this time tomorrow. I hope lots of people turn up!

Please come and see us if you are in the area, there is something here for everybody, and all budgets too! Or, come have a cuppa & sit back & enjoy!

No comments: