18 September 2007

First Weekend of NEOS

Saturday 15th Sept - The morning was a little slow, but it wasn't surprising as the weather was foul! But by 11am things really started to hot up. By 3pm Platform 22 was full to the brim with people having teas/coffees and chatting about the various artists and the work on show. And of course buying lots of work too! At the end of our first day I would say we have had about 40 people through our doors.

The highlight to Platform 22's NEOS first weekend was Alan Steele, who took shelter in his gazebo outside and worked at his lathe all Saturday and Sunday, turning the most beautiful fairy goblets which we have on sale along side his stunning wooden hollow forms and boxes exhibited at Platform 22.

Sunday 16th Sept - Again another busy day, but much more steady than Saturday. Funnily enough I had a friend to come help me with the teas from 2:30pm until 5pm, but the minute she arrived the cafe took a slow down ... which was probably a good thing as we were about to run out of cups, cafetieres and plates ... so she got stuck at the sink instead!!
Again, Alan Steele worked away at his lathe in the cold, but he always had a captivated his audience even in the windy cold weather. I have still to grab a moment to pop out the door and watch him at work!

Had some very interesting people in on Sunday, chatting about the other artists/exhibits and how wonderful everything was. As well as how many talented people are out there, that, nobody really knows about, let alone what they do. I love the fact that they are so keen to meet and talk, it is how it should be all the time ... but then I'd never get any work done (Tee Hee!). I think on Sunday there must have been at least 45 customers visiting Platform 22.

If you read my blog that I posted on Sunday evening I could hardly string two words together - I was so tired. I am just about caught up with my energy levels today. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining in any form, I love NEOS to bits, it is such a fantastic idea for everybody.

If you are in Aberdeenshire, Scotland why not look up NEOS on the web at www.northeastopenstudios.co.uk and visit Platform 22, as well as many more fantastic locations! It will be worth it and we'd love to meet you!

No comments: