7 July 2007

Zoom Zoom Zoom We're Flying to the Moon

"Zoom Zoom" is a picture I did for a friend's little boy, it is a mix of wax crayon, oil pastel and water colour.
200mm x 290mm.

I had such fun playing with the image, letting my imagination run away with me... well just a little!

After drawing the rocket in oils I started scratching into the oil pastel for texture, with my daughters wax crayons I then added swirls all around it, and last of all, with a wash of colour to create a lovely night sky ~ which is deep and soft yet full of movement.

It is just a simple picture, but a nice piece just right for a little 4 year old boy.

I went onto have fun playing with the image on the computer which you can see below, so "Zoom Zoom Zoom!" is now a wonderful girlie pink too!


I now sell prints and cards of my rockets flying to the moon, so if you are interested please email me.

No comments: