10 July 2007

Wish Me Luck!

Tomorrow I am handing in ten pieces of work for the Artaboyne Exhibition. I've worked my socks off getting them ready for tommorrows deadline. I'll be very pleased to hand them over.... But I'm feeling rather nervous... or should I say unsure... because, I have made ten pieces in my "Gold" range ~ this will really test the market!

I love them. They are so striking AND they have REAL gold on them tooo! BUT, I don't know what it is, but I have a horrid feeling that they are too... how can I describe them... too... ummmm.... too dark? And certainly not every bodies cup of tea... well it seems more like a mega tea-pot at the moment! But I think the darkness is part of their beauty. I think they are sleek, stylish and rich like dark chocolate melting in your mouth once you have opened that golden wrapper... except this time the gold is the hidden treasure just peeking out.

Oh I hope they like them.

If you happen to be in the area, do pop by. It is at the Victory Hall in Aboyne, the private view is this Friday evening 7 - 9pm and then open daily 10am to 8pm, from Saturday 14th July for 3 weeks, until the 7th August. It should be a fantastic show ~ it certainly boasts its high standards, so don't miss it!

I'll post the photos of them tommorrow, once they are handed in. I'll be more relaxed then! See you soon!

No comments: