26 April 2007

Black Gold - £95 (GBP) - SOLD

Black earthenware clay textured and embossed with lace, the ripped rim of the vase is enhanced with gold luster, as if discovered only by ripping the clay open.
410mm x 250mm x 45mm

It is a powerful, dramatic yet elegant sculptural piece and I love this work, but it doesn't seem to sell up here in rural Scotland. Not sure why, maybe you could tell me your thoughts? I was SO chuffed with it when I had made it and the other pieces in the "Gold" series. I'll add the image of all 3 for you to see later. It was a challenge to get the thin, tall walls of each vessel to stand up and not warp in the kiln. Most people want to pick them up and talk about them, but just don't want to buy one! Maybe if they were sunny yellow, bright green then would they sell... I don't know. The big positive is that I get to keep hold of them and enjoy them for a little longer!!!

No comments: