14 February 2007

Artistic Block

Today I have been thinking a lot about how to develop this blog page.
I have started to place images of my work, which seems fine for now. I would like to use this blog by way of a tool to get myself "out there", to sell my work (I'll create a link to eBay soon) and to discover where I am going ~ in creating my own work so to speak.
I am suffering from a huge, enormous, great big, mammoth of an artistic block! I thought it was the dreadful post Christmas / New Year gluck.. no mans land... but it still drags on. Plus, geewhillickers my darling children are a big distraction too! So, I don't seem to get a moment to myself to soul search I suppose.
I have, how ever, been waisting lots of time on eBay! I discovered a wonderful artist called Sheila Vaughan (please see link) she introduced me to the American painting craze of "A Painting a Day" (again check out the link). So, I decided in this time of desperation to change direction and turn my hands to other creative sources in hope of inspiration. After all when I was at art school, if I lacked direction I just popped through to another art department.
So, watch this space. Who knows where this blog and art journey will take me. And maybe you might see something you might like to purchase.

No comments: